Many of us spend too much time sitting in the chair. Sometimes even hours and hours working or attending meetings. Long-hour sitting is bad for your physical condition, but it is also highly related to serious illnesses like cancer, diabetes, etc. That is why I’m suggesting these 6 exercises that will improve your body strength, make you healthier, and make you look better! You can have six-packs without leaving your chair!
Double Knee Lift
This exercise helps you work on your entire abs. These are the steps:
- Put your legs together.
- Hold the sides of your chair.
- Make sure that your back is straight.
- Lift your knees up to the chest, and then put your feet down.
- Do this 10-20 times.
Bending will help you burn fat on the side of your belly and hips. Here are the steps:
- Put your feet on the floor.
- Straighten out your arms at the level of your shoulders.
- Bend your upper body to the left, touch your right foot with your left hand and stay in that position for some time.
- Return in the first position, and then do it with the other hand.
- Repeat this exercise 20-30 times.
Double knee lift with body side bends
This will help with your waist. This workout will help burning fat from the sides of the stomach. These are the steps:
- Sit down on the edge of your chair. Hold your chair with both hands.
- Bend on the side until you are sitting only on one glute.
- Put your legs together and lift both knees to your chest like in the double knee lift exercise.
- Then do the same on the other side.
- Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
Body lift above the chair
This exercise will help you to burn fats quickly. It is good for working your abs, back, and shoulders. Do not do this exercise on the rolling chair. Here are the steps:
- Firmly hold the arms of the chair while sitting.
- Lift your body up while your hips and legs are hanging. Use abs for lifting your knees to the chest.
- Stay in the position for at least 10-15 seconds, and then gently return to the first position.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times.
Knee to elbow lift
Knee to elbow is great for your waist. With this exercise, you will work on all your lower abs. Follow these steps:
- Straight your back while sitting on the chair without touching the chair. Put your hands on the back of your head.
- Lift your left knee up to the chest while your right elbow is touching it.
- Return to the first position. Do that 20 times.
- Now switch elbow and knee and do it another 20 times.
- Try to do it in the series of 3-4 times.
Knee to chest lift
With this exercise, you will work on strengthening your abs and it will help your digestion and burning fat. You have to do:
- Sit in your chair without touching the back. Make sure that your back is straight.
- Put your feet on the floor, hip-width.
- Then lift your right knee, pulling it all the way up to the chest.
- Put hands on the shin for better stretching.
- Repeat this exercise 20-30 times by switching your knees.
Bonus: Oblique muscle strengthening
Although this exercise is not performed on the chair, it will definitely improve your strength and help you with results. Stay close to the chair though! This exercise will make your glutes stronger and will burn the fat on your stomach and waist.
- Stand up straight behind the chair, and lean on the back of the chair or hold onto its arm with your right hand.
- Put your left arm above the head
- Slowly start moving down your hand. At the same time lift left leg until you are able to touch your heel with your left hand.
- Now, get back to the original stand. Repeat this 15-20 times.
- Change the hand and leg. Do the same 15-20 times.
- Do 4 series for each side of the body.
I recommend you to do these 7 simple exercises every day. You will be able to see the results in no time! Especially if you combine these exercises with a healthy diet.